Monday, February 16, 2009

A Whisk, A Spoon and A Camera

It's been a really long time since I've been in the kitchen and with all the hot humid summer days who can blame me. It seems summer gets hotter and hotter each year. I started getting serious withdrawal syndromes and that’s when I knew it was time for me to brave the summer heat and get back to doing what I love. With that I took my bowls off the shelf, dusted my web entangled whisk, dug deep for my camera and started baking.

It was a hard decision deciding what I was going to make. It had to be something I had never made before but something I was sure to enjoy. I settled on a few ideas and decided I was going to make all of them.

First up red velvet cupcakes (the star of the show). I've been meaning to make this for a long time but never got round to doing it.


Next a beautiful banana loaf. I've made this before but it's been such a long time so it felt kind of new to me.


Then a wonderful malva pudding which as a South African am embarrassed to say I have never made before.


Then something to go with the malva pudding, a rich and creamy crème anglaise.


Wow this was enough to keep me in the kitchen a good few days (I even threw in a carrot cake) but I didn't mind.

With the sweet smell of vanilla lingering off my fingers and the flour dusted off my shirt and I can now sit down and share it all with you.

No comments: